Over the past several years, we have become aware of the need for an emergency response plan. All-Connect Logistical Services and Shuttle Express have been proactive in preparing a response in the case of an emergency (ie. pandemic, disaster, etc). We feel that it is imperative to have a contingency plan in place, although our hope is that we will never have to put it into effect.
All Connect and Shuttle Express have implemented some new procedures in the event of a crisis, which include:
· Each employee has been given a personal pandemic awareness kit. It includes hand sanitizer, tissues, a mask, and an instruction sheet regarding personal hygiene and guidelines for sanitary practices both in the home and workplace.
· We have limited the amount of visitors into our building, and any that are admitted are instructed to use hand sanitizer before proceeding.
· Employees are to sanitize their workstations daily. All door handles, kitchen appliances, etc. will also be sanitized daily.
· Posters are displayed within the office for heightened awareness.
· A business continuity plan has been established in the event of an crisis. This includes possible relocating of departments to other terminals and/or being able to work from home. Employees have also been cross-trained in more than one position in the case of a significant amount of absenteeism.
The purpose of this plan is to ensure the continuity of operations and to keep our employees educated and updated on our emergency response plan.