Over the past several years, we have become aware of the need for an emergency response plan. All-Connect Logistical Services and Shuttle Express have been proactive in preparing a response in the case of an emergency (ie. pandemic, disaster, etc). We feel that it is imperative to have a contingency plan in place, although our hope is that we will never have to put it into effect.
All-Connect and Shuttle Express have implemented some new procedures in the event of a crisis, which include:
· Each employee has been given a personal pandemic awareness kit. It includes hand sanitizer, tissues, a mask, and an instruction sheet regarding personal hygiene and guidelines for sanitary practices both in the home and workplace.
· We have limited the amount of visitors into our building, and any that are admitted are instructed to use hand sanitizer before proceeding.
· Employees are to sanitize their workstations daily. All door handles, kitchen appliances, etc. will also be sanitized daily.
· Posters are displayed within the office for heightened awareness.
· A business continuity plan has been established in the event of an crisis. This includes possible relocating of departments to other terminals and/or being able to work from home. Employees have also been cross-trained in more than one position in the case of a significant amount of absenteeism.
The purpose of this plan is to ensure the continuity of operations and to keep our employees educated and updated on our emergency response plan.